A colleague was killed in an accident?
A co-worker took her or his own life?
A member of the executive board died?
A member of your team has to deal with the loss of a loved one?
In these situations it is not easy to find the right words, to do the right things at the right time.
- How should the staff deal with a grieving colleague?
- Am I supposed to leave the colleague who has lost his wife alone? Should I do his job?
- How can I comfort him? Is this possible at all?
- What kind of sympathy would my colleague need?
- How should management and the human resources department react on the death of an employee?
- What are the – individual and operational – consequences if employees cannot find space to grieve and mourn according to his or her personal needs?
- Which arrangements could an organization or a company implement in advance? What needs to be done?
All around death addresses institutions striving to deal with death and grief at the workplace in a responsible manner. Being aware of the issues concerning grief, death and loss stimulates employee satisfaction and helps establish a responsible organizational culture.
What we can do for you
Counselling in emergency situations
A colleague just died, a staff member is facing the loss of a loved one?
In emergencies like these, we come to you, and we support the persons whose task it is to manage the grieving process (executive board, human resources, work council).
Furthermore, we offer individual and group settings for grieving staff. We talk about grieving, we listen to grief, and we provide space for exchanging memories and reflecting.
Prevention and counselling
Due to your position in your organization it is likely you will be facing affairs of death and grief at the workplace?
You are the managing director, a member of the management, the head or the administrator of human resources, a member of the work council?
We offer preventative trainings in order to prepare you to deal with this sensitive topic:
- What is grief?
- How is it going to express itself?
- What different forms of grief exist?
- What are the consequences for my business if a colleague dies?
- How can I support my employees and the grieving colleague?
- What should I be aware of?
- What is “adequate”?
- And what are the negative consequences for my business, for my organization if grief is suppressed?
Nothing has happened yet, but you want your staff to know that you are dealing with the issues of grief and death in the workplace in a sensitive and appreciative way?
We offer customized presentations to make the complex psychological, sociological and practical issues of death and grief at the workplace accessible for your organization or your business.
Daniela Musiol, musiol (at) rundumberatung.at, 0664 424 05 26
Thomas Geldmacher, geldmacher (at) rundumberatung.at, 0664 517 56 13